Resolution code of practice
Resolution is a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way. Resolution membership is about the approach we take to our work. This means that as a Resolution member, I will:
- Reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation; for example, by not using inflammatory language.
- Support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
- Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions.
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment.
- Use my experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
- Continually develop my knowledge and skills. • Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in my day-to-day work.
- And I will work with other Resolution members to uphold this Code and ensure it is at the heart of everything I do.
Why choose a Resolution member?
Resolution members follow a Code of Practice that promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.
- Listening to you, being honest with you and treating you with respect.
- Explaining all the options and giving you confidence to make the right decisions.
- Helping you focus on what’s important in the long-term. • Helping you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Working with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you. • Managing stress in what can be an already stressful situation.