Speak to a solicitor today
01276 692233

Twitter Linkedin

Legal Advice & Fact Sheets

Energy Performance Certificates: Domestic Properties

Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) are needed and must be commissioned when most building are sold, rented out, constructed or refurbished.

EPC’s give information on a building’s energy efficiency in a sliding scale from ‘A’ (very efficient) to ‘G’ (least efficient).  Every EPC also has a recommendations report showing how the homeowner could improve the rating.

Only qualified, accredited domestic energy assessors and qualified, certified home inspectors can produce EPC’s for domestic properties.  They analyse how homes are constructed, insulated, heated and ventilated, and the type of fuel being used.

The EPC used to be part of the Home Information Pack (HIP).  The Government removed the need for a HIP for properties marketed after 21 May 2010 but the EPC requirement remains.

If you have any queries regarding anything within this article, please do not hesitate to contact: Elaine Bradshaw, FOSTER HARRINGTON SOLICITORS, Tel: 01276 692233  Fax: 01276 692244  email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Download Advice Sheet

For qualified and expert legal advice please get in touch on 01276 692233 or use our contact form and we will call you back.

Legal Information

Email Disclaimer | Copyright | Cookies & Privacy | Statutory Information | Website Disclaimer  | Privacy

Foster Harrington is the trading name of Foster Harrington Solicitors Limited. Foster Harrington Solicitors Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales (with registered number 08472565) and its registered office is at the above address. It is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 599319). VAT Registered No 384 3092 44.

Contact Us

Foster Harrington Solicitors Limited
22 Park Street, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3PL

Call us on 01276 692233 or email info@fosterharrington.co.uk